Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Next Phase

I am finally done with all the framing (except for the missing bits I keep finding I need to add when I am screwing in the hardibacker and there is nothing to screw into). I fixed the wiggly corners (well, they are close enough), and got the cutouts all sized/framed correctly(ish) for the grill, burner and doors. It is now looking like a BBQ!


Once the framing was over I got going on the electric. I have done the outlets for the fridge, lights, keg and keg blower (which circulates cold air from the kegerator up the beer line to stop the beer in the line getting warm). I will finish up the rest of the wiring, and get the plumbing for the beer done tomorrow.


This afternoon I started on the hardibacker. This is cement board that gets screwed to the outside. I'm using 1/4" think on the sides and 1/2" thick on the top. It's pretty heavy but not too bad to work with. It makes a lot of dust (and noise) when you cut it (with a circular saw and special blade) so you need to wear a mask & goggles. I'm about half way thru covering the sides.


Tomorrow I will do a little more of the sides but wont finish it as it is a little too noisy for a Sunday and I don't want to piss off all the neighbors and have a visit from the local police. I will likely have to take a half day off work this week to get the boarding finished.
Once I'm done with boards, wires and beer lines, it's stucco and granite time! I am still working thru selecting the granite and the granite people but will get this done early this week. I am on the fence about the stucco - part of me says "get someone competent to do it", the other part says "go for it, how hard can it be?".......

No comments:

Post a Comment