Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a Wrap!

After squeezing in a couple hours after work this evening, I am now completely done with wrapping the frame in the cement board! I haven't done all the tape and mud yet, but I am done with cutting, screwing etc. I do still need to cut the holes for the beer tap and the drip tray, which I will do tomorrow after work.

I tried to get the site cleaned up a little as it was really messy from the cement dust. Even after vacuuming and blowing a couple times I still think I'll be dealing with dust for the next 6 months! I will give it another cleanup after I've cut those holes for the beer.
This weekend will not be too much work as it's mother's day and also my wedding anniversary, so I'll be away from the worksite for a while. I hope to get enough time in to get the caulking done between the board and the stone deck, and get the tape/mud complete. To keep the thinset off the deck I need to put down some plastic sheeting, which I'll need for the stucco anyway. Then I'll be able to get the granite guys in for measuring early next week.

That means that it's likely end of the week after (5/20) at the earliest that the granite will installed, so I will have about 10 days to do the stucco and painting, which may work out.

Then I can get the grill plumbed week of 5/24 and I'll have plenty of time to do the finishing touches before end of May.

1 comment: