Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting There....

So I went to a local tile store on the way home to get some ideas and pick up some samples. The choices are just getting more and more......

When I got them home, Liz had decided that maybe granite was what she wanted now. She'd seen someone's BBQ and they had a granite counter that wasn't the normal shiny polished finish, but a rougher (antique or leathered) finish and it looked good.

Originally I had wanted granite but had convinced myself of the tile benefits primarily because it allowed me to get a better look on the counter edges/faces and the baseboard.

So we finally worked out that we could have both. Granite counters/bartop and a coordinated tile edge & baseboard. This will get us all the benefits (and probably the cost) of both options!

The colors aren't quite right in this picture but are a little closer to reality than any of the other pictures. You can get an idea of what it would look like.
So now I need to find a granite place as well as make all the tile decision. This is going to cost a little more, and take a little longer but in the long run we will be much happier with this and the extra cost is going to be negligible compared to what I've already poured into this grill.

And just to keep things real, this is what it actually looks like right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment