Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day Off Work - Getting It Done!

Took a vacation day from work today to get the hardi-backer cement board done as it's way too noisy to do over the weekend. First I had to do the bottom of the counters and rough wire the LED lights.

Once I had that finished I worked on the counter top. This needed a fair amount of "work" since the framing was waht you could call "not quite" level. I got it done, and it's close enough that I won't be embarrassed to have the granite guys come and measure. After that I got most of the siding done, I just need to do the bar, backsplash top, fridge top and a few end pieces. Probably about another 2-3 hours of work to cut, install and tape/mud the screws/joints. I hope to get that done Thur/Fri after work.

Anna took this pic, it looks like the bar area works properly!

Looks like granite measuring will be early next week, and then I will start with the stucco. I have finally decided to do that myself instead of paying a professional to do it properly. I found enough dubious information on the internet to give me a false sense of security, so now I think I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment