Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Plan B++

Did a few more late night tweaks to the edges and corners to really think through how the granite and tile come together in all the tricky spots!

This is the stuff that will make the real thing look either great if I get it right, or crappy if I get it wrong. And it's much easier and cheaper to change it in Google Sketchup vs having granite recut (especially if they need to make it bigger).

This one shows the new granite corners alongside the stone tile. I have been using my dad as an artistic/architectural advisor, which has the benefit of being much cheaper than using someone who knows what he is talking about.

I'm pretty happy with this layout, and tonight I'll add in the grill and other components to see how it looks when it's stacked with shiny stainless steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment