Sunday, July 5, 2009

Plan B

After looking around at some more BBQ designs I am looking at something a little more interesting. Not going completely crazy and throwing in hard stuff like curves and the like, but this one should be a bit more fun.

Instead of just an "L" I have made it a "U". There's still the seating area (at the bottom of the "U", but it's now counter height VS bar height (which will match the chairs we have much better). It's 8' wide, so there is room for 4 people sitting there.

I added a split bar section on the new section of the "U" which will be the place to lean on whilst enjoying a pint of Belgium's finest beer - I also extended the top of the "U" with a small bar section just to balance things out. The beer keg will be in the short "U" side, and the beverage fridge going in the bottom of the "U"

I need to chalk it out on the stone deck to check it's not too big and that we'll still have plenty of space between the bar and the dining table.

Assuming it fits I am going to go ahead and order the BBQ island framing kits this week. then the fun begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment