Sunday, April 25, 2010

Done with Framing (almost)

So I had a good weekend of work on the kitchen. It was warm and sunny and after 1 1/2 solid days, I got thru most of the framing....

All those fancy overhanging counters that were so easy to do in Google Sketchup were a complete pain in the ass to do in the real world. But they ended up pretty strong!....

Here's the view into the yard.

And here is the view from the far end of the yard.

The island has ended up looking roughly like the design

And some bits of it actually look like I knew what I was doing!

Next it is electrics, beer line plumbing and then time to put on the hardi-backer (fancy outdoor sheetrock). This week I will order the appliances (cha-ching....) and pick the granite guy. That will allow me to do the final framing for the grill and side burner. I am feeling good that this could be operational by June 1st!

1 comment: