Thursday, June 4, 2009

My First Outdoor Kitchen

So this was my first attempt.  Went big on appliances (DCS 48" grill, marvel beer fridge etc.) and decided to go with cement block for the island.

Building that was pretty easy, kinda like legos. Had a professional pour the slab and had the builders run the gas to the area.  Did everything else myslef, with help from equally inept friends and family.

For the countertop I went with concrete.  But not poured in place, instead poured into forms, and then installed like granite.  This was a lot of fun but a ton of work.  I wouldn't do it again.

One bad stucco job later it is just about done.  We ended up moving before I got a chance to set the stone tiles, so they were just placed there and you had to walk carefully so they didn't crack.

1 comment: